<- PREVIOUS Chapter
4. Project Tasks ( and the functioning of the IDA kernel)
The suggested allocation of the tasks to the project partners , has been done according to the main IDA components presented on the Fig. 3.
4.1 General assumptions related to the architecture of Multi-agente
1. Multi-agente is an intelligent shell of the personoid with role dependent: preferences, knowledge and with its own information about its domain of activity..
2. Role of a Multi-agente can be changed during the system set-up session.
3. Basic elements of Multi-agente is a monad;
4. Project objective includes realization of Multi-agente as a simple personoid , therefore
5. Multi-agente is composed of three monads:
6. The Consigliere Diretto (CD) is connected with:
- the general system interface: Interfaccia; for CD interactions with the real-world components and with the IDA end-user, responsible of decisions.
- Simulators system: Simulatori; which serves for the prediction of possible situation on the base of the current date about the emergency domain.
4.2 Main Tasks Lists
|T1.||Design and implementation of Interfaccia||ENEA||IRST||
|T2.||Design and implementation of Simulatori||ENEA||SAPENZA, IRST||
|T3.||Design and implementation of Consigliere Diretto||ENEA||SAPIENZA,IRST||- monad-based architecture|
||SAPIENZA||ENEA||- rather monad-based architecture framework is prefered|
|T5.||Design and implementation of Pianificatore||IRST||ENEA||
|T6.||Elaboration of a simple Test-case, and set-up||ENEA||IRST, SAPENZA||
|T7.||Integration and Testing of Multi-agente||ENEA||SAPIENZA, IRST||-|
T1. Design and implementation of Interfaccia
The Interfaccia module may be developed in Visual Basic or in IlogView , supported by MS Access.
For the prototype, only its selected functions must work, others can be simulated in fthe orm of adequate windows.
The elaboration of the demo of Interfaccia, requires:
ST1.1 Elaboration a generic scenario of the interactions between the end-user and Multi-agente.
. . . .
- Interfaccia must have access to the DB, PB, MKB, and OKB bases which will be specifie in task T3, ST3.2.
T2. Design and implementation of Simulatori
This task should develope some simplest What-if model-based reasoning.
In the future version of IDA, this module can include more sofisticated consequience estimating reasoning engines, as well numeric simulations of specific events.
In general, MDB of Simulatori should be more complex than this one which is used by Multi-agente.
In this project, MDB and SDB from the task T3. will be sufficient.
T3. Design and implementation of Consigliere Diretto, CD
This ENEA tasks includes unique monad which interacts with the real world, the next two support its functioning. Consigliere Diretto is the main element of the Multi-agente.
- The CD is activated by a signals or information from its external real domain (RD) of activity.
- This information modifies the current state of the Situation Data Base, SDB (in the abstract Domain System, DS) of the monade. - An example of the O-based conceptualization of current state is on the Fig.5.
- This new state activates the preference system (PS) of the monad.
- The preference system, using its preference rule base, confronts possible states of the Real Domain, and , if it is possible, it indicates a state of the domain in SDB, which has maximal preference.
This state is called intervention-goal.
- If any preference-rule is not found then it doesn't react on the new state of the domain
- The intervention goal activates Knowledge System (KS), the next component of the monad.
- The Knowledge system searchs in its Operational Knowledge Base (OKB) an procedure/rule represented an action available (for the predefined role of the monad) , which is able to transform the current state of the Situation Data Base in the state defined by intervention-goal.
The procedures/rules in OKB which represent possible actions are called methods.
- If the adequate method is found then, for its activation, the conditions, requested from SDB, by the method are mached with the current state.
- If the method satisfied the goal and current state conditions, then KS sends this information to the DS. The state of SDB is changing and the system user is informed which intervention is suggested.
- The structure of these bases should be common for all monads, therefore
they must be negotiated with the IRST and SAPIENZA partners in T.4 and
Go to -> T4. T5. . . Tasks