"When people agree with me I always
feel that I must be wrong." - (O.Wide)
"I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the
death for your right to say it!" - (Patrick Henry)
"The above opinions are my own, but even I don't always agree
with them." - [Anonymous]
P.A.M. Dirac explained why he embraced relativity theory by saying,
"It is the essential beauty of the theory which I feel is the
real reason for believing in it."
"Give me a fruitful error
any time, full of seeds, bursting with its own corrections. You can keep
your sterile truth for yourself."
... Vilfredo Pareto 1848-1923
1. the most difficult thing to understand is why we understand at
2. the most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it
- Mathematicians search proof
that a solution exists.
- Physicists search a unique
- Engineers search an optimal
- Politicians search sufficient
- People search anyone/anyhow
Mathematicians work without
Physicists neglect risk.
Engineers accept risk.
Politicians minimalise risk.
People fear risk.
Our greatest fear is not
that we have no power,
but that we have power beyond
our imaginings. Nelson Mandela
To make mistakes trying to
solve essential problems, is surely more important for the science and
researchers than impeccability of mediocre and marginal solutions.
(-)T.Tomaszewski & G.Ridman
Autonomy of researchers should be limited only by clear objectives,
the constrains of the scientific method and ... the real project founds.
- Any good solution is not definitive, contrary to disposed solutions.
- Linear approximation is always correct but not always sufficient.
- Unfortunately, only over
a certain level of disorder its dimension is
- proportional to the level
of intelligence of the men who makes it.